Prison of the Forsaken Bear God (for DCC RPG)
Long ago, the people of the northern lands spoke the true name of bears, a powerful and vital utterance. This power proved too dangerous, and as such the sages of the time sealed away Karubahr, the god of bears, in a subterranean complex, in hopes only other sages would be able to access the god and the fell name it spoke. The last of the northern sages of old died 300 years ago, taking the true name, and the only known safe way though the complex, with them.
Prison of the Forgotten Bear God is a 6th-level adventure for DCC RPG, comprising a township, hex crawl, and dungeon. Will you brave the perilous wilds for a chance at unimaginable power? Should such things as the true name of bears be known to mere mortals? Decide fast, because you’re not the only dangerous thing prowling in these woods...
Prepare to face:
- The hamlet of Barford, home to the malicious bear cult
- 10 NPCs
- d6 rumors
- a town-specific carousing table
- 36 uniquely keyed hexes for overland adventures
- 6 sub regions each with their own encounter table
- The prison of Karubahr, abandoned and anything but empty
- More bears than you can ever imagine. Werebears. Doublebears. Bear-owls. Spiderbears.
- Fungal Bears. Bug Bears. Ghost Bears.
- 4 new magic items
- A full patron for use by elves and wizards
- And more!
Stella Condrey - writing, design, layout
Mark Conway - art
Jert - editing
24 pages, saddle stitched, 8.5" x 11", zine, color cover, b&w interior
Also available soon at
Iglootree (UK) and All the Problems in this World (EU)!